Saturday, February 26, 2011

A Letter to a Friend

What to do with this snowing day? I can blog about microfinance, union-busting, my Dad's guybonics, the remarkable book I read "If You Want to Write" by Brenda Ueland. I sat at my desk, staring at my fountain pen. I have fistfuls of writing implements, reams of beautiful paper, art cards from galleries on my travels, notebox gifts from friends. Healing Garden Journal published my article about avoiding by collecting titled The Last River. Today I moseyed through the writing paper and notecards, chose some, picked up the fountain pen and wrote a letter to a friend. Then I wrote to another friend. And another. I used artcards I bought on a wilderness trip in 2003, never opened. I wrote on banana paper from South America. Wrote on Geri's Christmas gift notecards. A letter to a friend is the best possible use for beautiful paper, glossy ink and a full heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment