Friday, September 9, 2011

South Lyon City Council Campaign 2011

New gold foil-stamped letter from Oakland County. $10 each business day is being added to the $10 late filing fee. As I did not have the original $10 when it was asked for, I'm glad they sent along a couple pages of Oakland County Election Rules of the Game for Dummies about how the County can do what the hell it wants about fines, fees and late charges. Now I know why I'm supposed to have a treasurer on my campaign committee. To write checks to Oakland County. One of the reasons I considered a political run was to try it without the huge sums candidates need to even think about running for office. Now I know why they need it. Poor people don't run for office. Oakland County is damn sure of that. Now what I want to know is this: does Oakland County have a debtors' gaol?

No comments:

Post a Comment