Sunday, September 4, 2011

South Lyon City Council Campaign 2011

So, while I'm dithering about whether or not to pay Oakland County $10 for late filing, when I don't know what the hell I'm late for, more mail is arriving. City of South Lyon writes, in a letter dated August 23, and delivered yesterday, September 3, that the deadline to withdraw was August 19. Okay. Oakland County wants me to pro-nounce my name phonetically in writing. Oops. Letter dated Aug. 23, arrived Sept. 1 and the deadline to comply is Aug. 31. I risk having my name pro-nounced incorrectly. Meanwhile a man running for Council knocked on the door, got my Dad, who informed him you're not allowed to hand out flyers or solicit in this community, and besides, my daughter is running. Oy. Ah ha! I just figured out why this mail is coming in after deadlines. Post office was forwarding my mail north and the north is sending it south. Kerfuffles abound. I still have to write to the League of Women Voters, and tell them one of the reasons I'm running for office is because I'm too chicken to do stand-up comedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment