Friday, March 9, 2012

Happy Birthday Pisces

If we could just relax and enjoy being the wildly imaginative, otherworldly, dreamy idealists we are, we could get that opposing fish to swim the other way. But then we wouldn't be Piscean. Pisces is a water sign, the 12th house of the zodiac. We are currently still in the vernal equinox position of the constellation Pisces, and will be perhaps for another 600 years. In 2600 we will enter the Age of Aquarius, despite the fact that I sang about the dawning of the age of Aquarius back in 1969, and the industrial revolution was part of the chaos of Pisces ending, and Aquarius beginning. Being the 12th house might indicate a bunch of stuff, depending on who you listen to and believe. Pisces may be the last incarnation of earth life for us, perhaps you've learned all the lessons required for ascension in the previous 11 houses and you don't have to come back here again. I'm liking that idea, although I doubt I've learned many lessons at all. My neighbor says it is still a choice to come back or not, and I'm good with that. Pisces is a water sign. The water element is shared with Cancer and Scorpio. Cancer is a Cardinal sign (initiate first wave), Scorpio is a Fixed sign (reach the shore) and Pisces is Mutable (wave pattern.) Pisces is the ocean, Scorpio the big lake, and Cancer, the river. That's my water analogy. Pisces are intuitive and depending on the position of other planets at the time of your birth, you may be completely untethered to this dimension, or you may be driven to achieve in the earthly plane, or you may drown yourself in substance abuse. There is choice and chance involved in all of it. I am a double Pisces, sun and moon both in Pisces, and those pesky intrusive planets Mercury and Jupiter in Pisces as well. What keeps me from floating straight out of this nonreality is Capricorn ascendant, and Mars in Aries. I have weaknesses I haven't managed to pump up the strength on so far. I have gifts. So do you. The trick is not to accentuate the positive, but shore up the traits that keep you from your goals. Water is subtle and seems formless, but it can wear down rock over time. We are intuitive, kind, and people who take the time to know us, like us. We are good to children, all underdogs, and have a rich spiritual inner life. We can achieve when we set our minds to success. Happy birthday Pisces. I'm glad to be among you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment