Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Vintage Brass with Cloisonne Necklace

This necklace has not had one look on etsy, and is feeling lonely. I love the rare and unusual chain. Does this qualify as steampunk? Victorian attributes with distressed industrial overtones. I've been eyeing this chain, trying beads and color combinations for a little while. Nothing popped. Then the lilac chose to be with the brass. The lilac disks are vintage German glass. The Swarovski bicone crystals and cloisonne doughnuts are from beloved Beckie's estate, and the lobster claw was purchased on etsy. The necklace is matinee length. My eyesight is going to need a booster soon. To work close-up with tiny stuff I take off my glasses. Making this necklace, I reached up to take off my glasses which were already laying on the workbench. Time for Dad's 3000x super hero goggles.

1 comment: