Thursday, October 21, 2010

Serendipity or Bunglebosh?

Sometimes my Pisces sun/moon combo picks a fight with my Capricorn rising. Yeah. Truth is this yin/yang is ongoing, and it's probably true for lots of people. Is it? Depends on whether I'm in the mood to feel mainstream or bizarre. I always answer football victory questions with "on any given day," because any football team can win. Even the Detroit Lions. On any given day, I believe serendipity is real. Another day, I wander in bunglebosh, malarkey, and juju. My reliable raucous alarm clock (a gift in the early 80s from my roomie Cheryl, who went shopping for a clock that tipped my bed and dumped me on the floor) has a snooze alarm that donates 9 more minutes of sleep. I know from experience that it can only be slapped 3 times. But it's lost that prohibition. It can bless 9 mins. infinitely. This October, I'm having 9 minute speed dreaming episodes. These are so vivid, colorful and weird, I started a dream journal. Last night a character named SETI, Sedhai? showed up. "Not from Chicago, Detroit or Philadelphia." So where is she from? Is this a spirit guide I need to listen to? A traveler who got sucked into the 9 minute vortex? Early Sunday - I did the math (ugh) and discovered I'd hit the snooze 23 times. Each of those 23 9-min. dream sequences had a bird drawing in it. Not a real bird, an art bird. Stone? Painting? Symbol? A sandpiper, other wader? What's up with this bird? Today I went looking for a piece of my art for this post, and found this bird. I drew a page of aboriginal drawings to entice a project from a Native American intuitive healer a few years ago. And here it is. The bird. Not exactly the bird, who I wrote was green/blue with wavy lines for wing feathers, nevertheless it's the bird. The 23-times bird was facing the other way. Does that mean I'm moving in the wrong direction? Is this a serendipity or bunglebosh day?

1 comment:

  1. Glad to know that alarm clock that woke up the whole house still works! That was a great investment. CAM

    ReplyDelete