Monday, October 4, 2010

Cleaved Inclusion

Missing my friend Beckie grievously the other day, I picked up a crystal point on my desk. It is an extraordinary piece I chose as a woman was unpacking a box of crystals at Sweetgrass in Davisburg. I see a menagerie of animals, one of the Three Kings offering a gift, and a fantastic cleaved inclusion that causes the myriad of images. On this day of missing Beckie, my heart was empty and aching. As I clutched the crystal to my chest, my heart was flooded with light and warmth, and I felt her presence perfectly: a gift of healing from the Magi, and Mother Nature. When I am weary and heartsick, I will remember that no energy is ever lost, great spirit survives, and my soul will soar again in awe of the great mystery of life.

1 comment:

  1. Beckie was a wonderful daughter in addition to an amazing mother and friend. She lives on in my heart. Having given birth to her the loss feels like a piece of me has been torn away. I think of her daily, I remember all the wise, intelligent, loving, and special qualities that made her so uniqe. Sometimes I read old e-mails we exchanged. They warm me with a sense of her presence. She had such a quick wit. What a joy she was to me! I miss her so much - I wonder if that will ever change.

    ReplyDelete