Monday, August 30, 2010

Everyone You Know

Lazar, The Good Deed Dog, by Myrna Gelman Shanker, and happily illustrated by me is in the good hands of the publisher now. I spoke with the graphics person today, and she said she already loves this book because her parents were in an assisted living apartment until her mother passed on. We all are aging at the same speed. We have loved ones who are elderly, or we're winding our own way on that special path. I asked the kind person on the phone to please make sure that Mrs. Mandelbaum (a beloved drawing in the book) is eating. Mrs. Mandelbaum, I believe, has Alzheimer's and needs special care.

The lovely graphics person also has a Golden Retriever, who I'm sure is as wonderful as Lazar, The Good Deed Dog. Her favorite character is Mr. Cohen, who although he's nattily wearing a suit and tie, still comfortably wears his bedroom slippers.

No comments:

Post a Comment