Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Beckie's Heart

Rebecca Carolyn [Conrad] Raupp died on July 14, 2010 at 3:00 a.m. Beckie was a beautiful soul, a loving heart, a fine woman and my best friend. She died of complications from a heart condition, having been hospitalized from May, 2009.

Beckie was 41 years old. She is survived by her husband, Russell, and her two sons, Jacob and Lucas, aged 11 and 9. Her husband and sons need prayers and love to heal, and I’m sending my love to them right now.

Beckie’s husband called me and asked if I would like Beckie’s jewelry-making equipment and supplies. I said yes, please. Beckie loved to make jewelry, made a lot of it over the years, and as she can no longer do this, I can and will for her. Honoring Beckie’s mighty heart, protecting other hearts, and encouraging clinical study, advocacy and support of women, I will create with joy and purpose.

I contacted Sister to Sister because any jewelry made from Beckie’s jewels, beads and beautiful findings must be in the world, helping to raise awareness of women’s health, and especially women’s heart health; and it is women who will do this for each other. Every jewelry piece will be given in exchange for a donation to Sister to Sister, and if purchased individually, all proceeds will benefit the Sister to Sister Foundation.

Beckie’s heart – the beautiful glowing love she shared so generously with all who knew her – will live on, doing good in the world, contributing to the knowledge base, helping other women to live well, long, and with love.

Thanks to Sister to Sister: The Women’s Heart Health Foundation, my heart – and many others - can be strong and heal as well.

Visit Beckie's Heart Jewelry here, and stay tuned for photos of designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment