Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bridges for Blockades


What makes me go ziggity boom? What makes my heartstrings zing?

This morning I listened to Nina Simons, cofounder of Bioneers, on "Conversations." The link was forwarded by a friend, Pat Fero, who is also a Connector. You can read about Connectors, Mavens and Salespeople in Malcolm Gladwell's book "The Tipping Point."

The conversation from "Conversations" this morning was about biodiversity, ecology, earth and women leaders. I started taking notes on a small notepad as I listened, swapped that for a larger note, and then swapped all for a big ol' pad of paper. My heartstrings zinged.

Just before I listened to "Conversations," I accepted an invitation to participate in another friend's Focus Group. Deb Schanilec is a blissmonger, an extraordinary individual and a joygiver. You can follow her blog by clicking on the link below.

Deb, and Nina Simons, Rosemary Jozwiak, Pat Fero, and my neighbor, Marilyn are trying to help us develop new neural pathways, replacing the affiliative neurons formed habitually by repetitive behaviors that no longer work for us.

We're finding our internal biodiversity.

I'm recently discovering that what my friends who are connected to earth, spirit and self are saying is true.

We are entering a new time. Connections are being made, forces are in play, the universe is sorting itself into a configuration that must be described as healing.

We're redefining our understanding of power. From the patriarchal system of win:lose, we are hearing voices and seeing faces who can ignite leadership that sees win:win as the more viable system for our planet. We are beginning to understand that the way we bind societal wounds is address > heal > transcend.

We are beginning to end the old stories, and tell the new.

We are beginning to awaken to not knowing. Not knowing allows us to choose who we are becoming; to appreciate respectful disagreement, to connect the dots, and close the circles.

We are finding that the fight:flight response is a stress response that was studied in men, and applied to women. We are learning that women have a different stress response that is tend&befriend, and that this response may be why women live longer.

Perhaps Earth can now, too.

This morning I discovered that my bookmark folders for internet searching no longer work alone. If I save a page lately, it can belong to Women, Water Stuff, Ecology, Environment, Educational, Health and Reference all together. How I think, react, cooperate, learn and win are becoming one.

Barriers are coming down, stories are coming up.

I'm finding bridges instead of blockades in relating to the natural world, communal spirit, myself.

I'm finding that "we" can be as beautiful as "I."

Susan, a woman I met first last Sunday, said that we can only become whole - become an Elder - when our feminine and masculine entwine. Rather than a blockade between left and right brainers, masculine and feminine, we need to blend the two energies. Yang without Yin is a weakling; bundled together the union is unbeatable.

Now, that makes my heartstrings go ziggity boom.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this: "We're finding our internal biodiversity."

    Rock on, Linda, and thanks for the mention! Social media, man--it's all about the social :-)

    ReplyDelete