Friday, October 29, 2010

Changed Priorities Ahead

Messaging. I'm trying to listen with my other ears, to mute the voice of ego and self-interest and heed the voice of intuition. The reality cloak I've donned is no longer protection from whatever I used to shield myself from. I feel like a human switching station: on the circuit that includes lessons from Beckie, my matriarchal ancestors, the universe, nature and my faith. Off the switch that connects to falsehood, fear and fury. Today I read an essay at 13.7 Cosmos about the need to balance self-interest and Earth community. Read an article in The Crazy Wisdom Community Journal about working with our hands and how we can reconnect to our labor by having a literal hand in its creation. Read a blog post about narcissism and its false cloak of niceness. Listened to Keith Olbermann's Special Comment about certain candidates for public office, and realized the hypocrisy of any platform that condemns while offering no solutions. I'm reading Isabel Wilkerson's marvelous new book "The Warmth of Other Suns," and talked with my father about hatred of other peoples, and what might break that horrific chain. I want to be a better person, a stronger supporter of my community and a good example to the young people in my life. We saw these words on roadsigns in England, and I laughed then. I'm not laughing now. I'm learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment